0 commentaires

Will One Direction Kick It Old-School With The Jacksons?

6:12 PM

'Those boys remind me of ourselves,' says Jackie Jackson, who's written a few tracks that he hopes 1D will record.


If anyone understands the hysteria created every time One Directionshow up anywhere, it's the Jackson brothers. That might explain why Jackie Jackson wants to channel all that experience into tunes for the guys.

"Those boys remind me of ourselves so much when we were younger," Jackie told the Daily Star during a tour stop in London. He added that he's written a few tracks that he'd be interested in playing for them. He said, "I got some songs for them to record too, so we'll be in touch real soon."
While he never wrote major hits for the Jacksons, Jackie did co-write a couple of the group's tracks during the post-Jackson 5 era, when they were rebranded as the Jacksons. Jackie worked together with his brothers on "Different Kind of Lady" and "Do What You Wanna" off their 1977 album, Goin' Places.

Even though 1D have yet to even hear the songs Jackie has written for them, they did recently work on tracks with U.K. band the Vaccines' lead singer, Justin Young. "It was a really interesting creative process, writing with pretty much the biggest pop band on the planet," Young told the BBC. "It was a very different world and very different process — that was one of the reasons I wanted to do it. I really enjoyed it."

The British rocker added, "I felt like I took so much from doing it. I've always said I love pop music and how much I want to write pop music. It's the first time I've ever done anything like that. They do indeed contribute."

It's only been a handful of months since One Direction dropped their chart-topping sophomore album, Take Me Home, back in November, but they have been working on new music. And when MTV News spoke to producer Julian Bunetta last month about it, he didn't reveal too many details about what exactly the fivesome are cooking up.

"I can't really say, but it's gonna be pretty cool. I mean it's just ... I mean, obviously we're working on new music but they didn't say what the new music is for. It might be for nothing. It might only be for my ears ... or it might be something that gets put out for the world to hear. I could just rent my ears out," he joked.

Somehow the guys have managed to squeeze studio time into their busy schedules. Currently the group is on the road for their Take Me Home tour. And it's already proven to be quite eventful, what with shoes being thrown at Harry Styles' groin and all.

They are also slated to drop their 3-D movie, directed by Morgan Spurlock, on August 30.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer
Top