0 commentaires

Pitbull Aims At Lil Wayne With 'Welcome To Dade County' Dis

12:14 AM


Mr. 305 takes exception to Lil Wayne's slurs against the Miami Heat on the new track, over Baauer's 'Harlem Shake' instrumental.


New Orleans may be Lil Wayne's birthplace, but the YMCMB rap icon has called Miami his home for several years. And until recently, South Beach had always welcomed Weezy with open arms. That was until Tunechi called out the Miami Heat, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh in an onstage tirade, a move that didn't sit well with M-I-A rap vets Uncle Luke, Trick Daddy and now Pitbull.

On Monday (February 25), the self-proclaimed Mr. 305 dropped "Welcome to Dade County," a warning shot aimed at Weezy. "Mouth signed check, ass can't cash/ One-time LeBron, Bosh, D-Wade, Flash," Pit spits over Baauer's buzzing "Harlem Shake" instrumental, making a clear reference to Wayne's All-Star weekend.

Weezy called out the NBA, the Miami Heat, LeBron, Wade and claimed that he once slept with Chris Bosh's wife in a NBA All-Star afterparty following the February 17 game in Houston. Weezy has since apologizedto LeBron James, but stood strong on the rest of his comments. "I don't apologize for being who I am. That's who I am, and yes, I did say those things. Only thing I do want to take back from saying that night, I said 'F--- LeBron,' I didn't mean to say that because me and LeBron we are cool and I'm really cool with his mom and we have a real good relationship. That's my homie but it just slipped out. I didn't mean to say that. Other than that though I don't take nothing back," he said during an interview on 99 Jamz last week.

The insult angered a number of Miami residents. Uncle Luke penned an open letter in the Miami New Times, Trick Daddy responded during aradio interview, but Pit is the first to dedicate a song to the incident.

"You talk Miami, if you talkin' heat/ Moral of the story: Don't sh-- where you eat," Pit continues to rap on the track which debuted on the popular rap site VladTV.

The two rappers once collaborated back in 2006 on "Holla At Me," a star-studded single on DJ Khaled's debut LP Listennn... the Album, but the relationship has clearly soured since Wayne's comments. At the song's close Pit goes on a rant of his own. "I had to do this for my city dog, it's something that I love so deeply," he says before making reference to Wayne's move to the M-I-A, after Hurricane Katrina hit his native New Orleans.

"I am 305, Miami-Dade County. I bleed 305, Miami-Dade County," he boasts.

What do you think of Pitbull's "Welcome to Dade County" dis record? Let us know in the comments!


Source : MTV

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer
Top